Rosa Lokey Entrepreneurs
my personal life: My Husband are semi-retired and living the beach life in Treasure island Florida. We helped raise his two granddaughters, teenagers and toddlers., while we lived in California.
- I write poetry and lyrics (see my poetry/lyrics page),
- I paint and indulge in other forms of art,
- I swim the waves and walk/run the beach.
- Singing, dancing, yoga, gardening and Communion with the Divine is my life.
my active life: I am actively pursuing my solo venture. I sing blues and romance rock solos at Memorials as prayers to those who have crossed over and fill in as the loud voice in Choirs when asked to help out. I have in the past been female lead, with two local Bay Area bands:
- The Loose Licks Jug Band as female co-lead and co-back-up vocales
- Django Mack as backup vocales and Female lead on various projects
- and learning voice privately
in the past: I sang in musical groups located in the Bay Area.
- Women & Song performs around the Bay Area at various times of the year, and is an a capella group, singing songs that celebrate life, love, feel-good beliefs, the family, and the earth.
- The Fallen Angels is a bluegrass/country gospel group. I was a lead vocalist with the group and I also played backup harmonica for the group.
- One of my musical partners and I formed a singing collaboration called SA RO (pronounced SAH- ROW'), which means "deeply pregnant with peace" or "the deep mind of God gives birth to divine peace". We wrote, sang and danced.
I enjoy a vegan lifestyle and swimming in the Gulf of Mexico in Treasure Island Florida and power walking the beach. After all my work is done, I pick up my paint brush and oils and paint images of the man I married and our life together.
When I am not with our family, singing and writing, working, painting, or outdoors playing, you can usually find me in the book stacks of a local library or bookstore.
I am presently reading:
Plague of Corruption
The Essential Hamilton