Rosa Lokey Entrepreneurs
my personal life: My Husband and I am helped raise his two grandaughters, teenagers and toddlers.
- I write poetry and lyrics (see my poetry/lyrics page),
- I paint and indulge in other forms of art,
- I run and hike around the Bay Area.
- Singing, dancing, yoga, gardening and Communion with the Divine is my life.
my active life: I am actively pursuing my solo venture. I sing blues and romance rock solos at Memorials as prayers to those who have crossed over. I have in the past been female lead, with two local Bay Area bands:
- The Loose Licks Jug Band as female co-lead and co-back-up vocales
- Django Mack as backup vocales and Female lead on various projects
- and learning voice privately
in the past: I sang in musical groups located in the Bay Area.
- Women & Song performs around the Bay Area at various times of the year, and is an a capella group, singing songs that celebrate life, love, feel-good beliefs, the family, and the earth.
- The Fallen Angels is a bluegrass/country gospel group. I was a lead vocalist with the group and I also played backup harmonica for the group.
- One of my musical partners and I formed a singing collaboration called SA RO (pronounced SAH- ROW'), which means "deeply pregnant with peace" or "the deep mind of God gives birth to divine peace". We wrote, sang and danced.
I enjoy a vegan lifestyle and long-distance running in the hills and valleys of California, across the Golden Gate Bridge, swimming in the Gulf of Mexico in Treasure Island Florida and power walking the beach. After all my work is done, I pick up my paint brush and oils and paint images of the man I married and our life together.
When I am not with our family, singing and writing, working, painting, or outdoors playing, you can usually find me in the book stacks of a local library or bookstore.
I am presently reading:
Plague of Corruption
The Essential Hamilton